SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT II
· Designs, develops, modifies, and reviews drawings for landscape architecture according to established standards.
· Responsible for participation in the project planning and design, including: due diligence studies, concept plans, preliminary plans, site plans, landscape plans, etc.
· May act as Project or Task Manager and discuss objectives, requirements, and budget of a project with the Team Leader.
· Recognized expert in land development planning and site design.
· Provides QA/QC on plans and specifications.
· Mentor and train other professionals.
· Provides specialized technical assistance in connection with particular landscape building types, components, materials, elements, or building codes.
· Provides various pre-design services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements a design must meet.
· Confers with clients and engineers on specifications of needs of overall projects; develops design strategy to address client’s needs and budget.
· Acts as inspector and plan reviewer.
· Develops solutions to technical problems with landscape architectural plans or drawings.
· Plans and coordinates client presentations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
· Current Maryland registration in Landscape Architecture
· 8-10 years’ experience related to design and construction of land development projects in the Washington, DC metro area; specific experience with Montgomery County and MNCPPC is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to meet project and client deadlines.
· Able to work efficiently both independently and on teams to meet project schedules and budgets.
· Ability to prepare graphics, exhibits, and landscape architecture construction plans and details.
· Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, sub consultants, clients, and review agencies.
· Ability to compose reports, memorandums, and other written communication.
· Demonstrated understanding of the disciplines of the other departments and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects as well as multi-discipline projects.
· Self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new responsibilities.
· Strong capabilities in Microstation/AutoCAD, Photoshop and/or Illustrator, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project are desired. Please send resume and cover letter to Kristin Hamrick at KHamrick@SolteszCo.com